Reimaging is the process by which you can update the image of an already deployed container. Any time you have an update to your container, you'll reimport the image into Cycle, then reimage the container, which will update it across all of your infrastructure. To get to the reimaging form, follow these steps:
- Click the Environments tab on the navigation menu to the left.
- Select the environment the container you want to modify is deployed to.
- Click the Containers tab under the environment name.
- Select the container from the list.
- Click the Settings tab under the container name.
The reimage form will be populated with any compatible images for deployment. An image is considered "compatible" when the volume paths match. Select your recently imported image (it will appear at the top), and then click reimage.
As noted on the form, all reimaging does is replace the container image - none of your config options will be changed.
If you've got questions about the platform or need some help getting started, our team is more than happy to assist. Whether you're new to containers or just new to Cycle, reach out to us via livechat by clicking the blue circle in the bottom right corner. Join our Slack channel, and get help from the dev team or other members of the community, and check out our Roadmap to see what's planned for the future!