A container "resets" each time it is restarted. Volumes offer a way to keep data persistent between restarts. They are mapped onto a path within the container itself, and any data that is there will survive the container.
To access volume configurations, follow these steps:
- Click the Environments tab on the navigation menu to the left.
- Select the environment the container you want to modify is in.
- Click the Containers tab under the environment name.
- Select the container from the list.
- Click the Volumes tab under the container name.
At this time we do not allow you to change the size of your volume after it has been created.
After navigating to the volume settings you can change read-only status, remote access settings, and password. Additionally you can set a webhook to the volume itself and whitelist a set of ips that can reach the volume.
If you've got questions about the platform or need some help getting started, our team is more than happy to assist. Whether you're new to containers or just new to Cycle, reach out to us via livechat by clicking the blue circle in the bottom right corner. Join our Slack channel, and get help from the dev team or other members of the community, and check out our Roadmap to see what's planned for the future!