- Click the Environments tab on the navigation menu to the left.
- In the top right corner, select the Create Environment button.
- In the form, enter a name for this environment (usually the name of your application you are building) and an optional description.
- Click Create Environment. You will be taken to the environment dashboard.
- Cluster Selection - Select the cluster this environment will use resources from.
- Initial Deployment Type - Use default unless the user wishes to initialize this environment with a stack build.
- Environment Networking Architecture - For users that would like to use IPv4 networking as their primary protocol in an environment, legacy networking is available as an option during environment create.
When on the environment dashbaord, a user can click on the Settings tab via the horizontal navigation links to bring up the environment settings page. This page has options to change the settings for the name, description, and add/remove the environment as a favorite.
Name - The name of the environment as shown on the Environment select screen and displayed in the breadcrumb at the top of the screen.
Description - A description of the containers or applications deployed to the environment.
Favorite - A checkbox where checked means the environment is set to favorite and will show up at the top of the Environments select screen, with a .
A user can also choose to delete the environment on this page. Deleting the environment requires the user to enter the name of the environment into the delete form and then hold down the delete button.
Deleting an environment will delete the environment and all associated containers within. You can not reverse this action.