Each stack is made up of builds, and each build is made up of the container images snapshotted to when the build was created. Deploying a stack to an environment is doing two things:
- Associating the stack with the environment.
- Deploying a specific build to the environment, i.e. creating all the containers within.
- Select Use Stack on the environment create page to get started.
- Use the first dropdown to select the stack you wish to deploy.
- Use the second dropdown to choose which build you wish to use in this deployment.
- Click the build you wish to deploy, and then Create Environment on the bottom right of the form. Since the configuration is already handled in the
cycle.jsonfile, and the images already imported in the build, there's nothing left to do. You'll immediately be taken to the "Dashboard" tab of your environment, and all you'll need to do is start it!
If you've got questions about the platform or need some help getting started, our team is more than happy to assist. Whether you're new to containers or just new to Cycle, reach out to us via livechat by clicking the blue circle in the bottom right corner. Join our Slack channel, and get help from the dev team or other members of the community, and check out our Roadmap to see what's planned for the future!